By: PK Jordan
Divorce is on the horizon. You have many concerns running through your mind. You were provided for over the years, but now you’re facing new changes in your life. Over the years, you have been a stay-at-home Mom or have very little job experience. Nobody ever plans for divorce. The reality is how are you going to live on your own and pay your bills??? Mediation can help you explore those options. Below are some areas that you may qualify for spousal maintenance/alimony:
Is your education obsolete?
- Have you been out of the work force for a substantial amount of time?
- Was your job a stay-at-home mom for a long period of time?
- Do you have a chronic health condition that limits you for working outside the home?
- Do you have a special needs child that needs 24 hour care?
- Medical insurance is too expensive to get on your own due to medical needs?
- Where you married for a long time?
- Did you participate in building a business with your spouse?
Keep in mind every State has their own criteria on who qualifies for spousal maintenance/alimony. The items of qualifications need to be verified with the State’s Law. The areas of possible qualifications are only provided for informational purposes. This article is not invented as legal advice or determination. Each case is unique and needs may vary from family to family.
East Valley Mediator can help you in figuring out your spousal maintenance need. We would be glad to assist you in this matter. Call today for a Free Consult.
We assist families across the United States through Web Mediation.